Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My Stateside Visit/Support Update

I can still remember leaving Haiti on Friday, July 11th and flying into Ft. Lauderdale airport. It was incredible just flying over the orderly layout of an American city. I was amazed at how nice everything looked! Despite all of the issues and our people trying their best to remove God from our country, America is still a great place to live. I don't know how much longer it will be a great place to live, but it currently is a marvel to me. It was wonderful to slip into my comfortable bed in an air-conditioned room. It was an incredible feeling just to get behind the wheel of my car and go wherever I wanted on smooth, paved roads. There are some things I will miss more this time than last time because I now know what I'm headed back to. I'm ready though and I will adjust again in time.

I've had a great time during my visit. There certainly hasn't been any grass growing under my feet! It's been great visiting with friends, family, and supporters. I had a productive visit to Alabama where I received some additional training to help me perform my bookkeeping duties more efficiently. I've met some fantastic people who are either already involved with Christian Light School or would like to get involved. The weather has been excellent in Pennsylvania. This is one of the coolest summers temperature wise that I can remember. Maybe it just feels cooler compared to Haiti...haha.

Many people have asked me how I'm doing support wise since I've been home. I took the time today to figure out exactly how much money I currently have and where I'll be at the end of the month if everything goes according to plan. If I add up all of my savings and checking accounts along with my account at CLS I have about $8,626. $3,400 of that is in the CLS account. I should have my car, toolbox, and handgun sold before I leave this coming Monday. The sales from those items should give me an additional $5,750. After subtracting $3,400 in expenses for this month (which includes $2,200 I've spent on my cards since I got home on discretionary items to be revealed at a later date, clothes, travel, going out to eat, etc.), I should have at least $10,976 in liquid assets.

Nearly $11,000 sounds like a decent amount of money, but that is all I will have to my name besides the taptap I own in Haiti and my retirement account (which should be left alone). My recurring monthly support has been ranging from $400-$800 (averaging out to about $600 per month). I also get about $250 per month in revenue from the taptap. I need at least $1,200 a month to continue living as I currently do in Haiti. Ideally I'd like to have $1,500-1,750 per month in income, especially once 2015 starts.

I am willing to stay in Haiti as long as the support is there, my health allows me to complete the tasks I've been called to do, and it seems like I'm fulfilling what God wants me to do. Thank you for your continued financial support and prayers! So many people have been a blessing in my life. I know many of you give or have given in order for me to serve. I know many of you pray for me on a regular basis. I can't express how much that means to me! May God continue to bless you for your faithfulness to me, the people of Haiti, and Christian Light School!

No comments:

Post a Comment