Friday, May 1, 2015

Praises and Classroom Visitations

April was a great month! I was faithful to God's call to come back to Haiti and He has been faithful to Fabiola and I! Our needs continue to be met. This month we received enough money to cover 2014 taxes and pay for the remaining balance on the car! I knew it was going to be an extraordinary month and it was. We praise God for His faithfulness and provisions!

Over the past month I've tried to make more time for getting around to classrooms. I think it is really important to spend time with the kids and see how they are doing. It also gives me an opportunity to evaluate teachers. We need effective teachers and leaders in the school in order to fulfill the mission we have set out to do. For the most part, I was very pleased with the primary grades I have visited. We have some wonderful, gifted students who are working hard to be successful in their studies. I still need to tackle the secondary grades. Hopefully I will have the time to do that this month.

The 4 year old's were eager to show me their drawings! Mrs. Fabiola and Miss Jocelyne have been doing a great job with these kids!


 Pre-K with Miss Guetty sharing the story of Esther

 Kindergarten with Mr. Monfort. I can tell he really cares about his kids.

 1st grade with Miss Stephania. She is one of our newest teachers. She is doing a good job so far.

 2nd grade with Mr. Joshua (I was filling in for a sick teacher)


 I also substituted in 3rd grade!

 4th grade with Mr. Peter

Nothing has been moving forward in regards to Fabiola's VISA. USCIS sent a letter to my parents at the end of March stating they wanted another marriage certificate and proof that I am an American citizen. We are currently waiting to get the other marriage certificate from the Haitian government. This can be a really slow process unless you know the right person and can pay the right price. I have been frustrated at times about the situation, but I have to trust that it will get done in God's timing. 

I'm about to start the process of getting my residency for Haiti. This will cost around $200. If anyone would like to help with this cost it would be greatly appreciated. Fabiola and I have had at least two more partners join us this month in pledging monthly support! It's always such an encouragement when our fellow brothers and sisters want to get involved in the work we are doing in Haiti! It looks like we still need more monthly supporters, but God continues to come through for us in some way or another each month. It's been incredible to witness and experience the provisions of God in our lives!

Please be in prayer for Christian Light School--the children, the teachers, the administrators, the support staff, the families in our community, and the leaders of the ministry. We need the guidance of the Holy Spirit in the difficult decisions that are ahead. We are facing large budget cuts due to a lack of funding. The ministry continues to grow and donations are down. Something has to give sometime soon. Pray that God will provide, but ultimately that His will be done. Also be in prayer for America. I pray that Christians will rise up and take back our country! Reach out to your neighbors and show them the love of Christ! Show people their need for a Savior!

Thank you for continuing to be apart of this journey with us!



1 comment:

  1. Hah! What a joke. They just need to look at a picture of you and they'll see you're not from Haiti. But it sounds like you're on your way to becoming a Haitian. Thanks for the good report and for loving those kids in Jesus' name.

    ReplyDelete