Monday, March 30, 2015

Home

 Home at last! This is a picture of Fabiola and I right after I returned. I was exhausted from my travels, but it didn't stop us from being extremely happy to be back together!

My first week back was crazy busy! We had a lot of guests staying at the school. One group from Ontario, Canada and another from Auburn, Alabama. Both groups were awesome! I had a lot of catching up to do on the financial work and still haven't made up all of the ground yet. I also had to do payroll and finish putting together child sponsor envelopes last Friday.

In Haiti the schools have off for the entire holy week. I'm very thankful to get a break after my chaotic first week back. It couldn't have come at a better time because I woke up this morning with a cold again and Fabiola also has a cold. I'm having a hard time staying consistently healthy here. Pray that I can figure out what I'm doing that is causing me to get sick so much.

One exciting development is that we are about to have our own personal car that we will share with my brother-in-law Max-harry. I traded in my taptap (It ended up not being a profitable business like I had hoped), Max-harry paid for 25% of the total cost, and Fabiola and I have to come up with the remaining $1,500. If anyone would like to be a blessing to us and help pay for the remaining $1,500 you can do so by clicking on "give" in the tabs above this blog, or clicking on this link: http://www.christianlighthaiti.org/joshua---fabiola-shappell.html

 It's a 2003 Mitsubishi Montero. It should do well in some of the rough driving conditions we are presented with.


In the past few days we just found out we will probably owe close to $3,000 in taxes from the donations we received in 2014. The disbursements that were made to us were reported on a 1099-misc. I didn't even know we would have to pay taxes, because we were originally told that it would be covered under a stipend. The board of Christian Light School then found out from a CPA in January of this year that they couldn't legally do a stipend. If anyone feels led to help us pay for these taxes it would be greatly appreciated!

Our financial situation has looked bad for awhile. I know that God is going to meet our needs somehow. I know He wouldn't have called me back otherwise. Please pray that I will have peace on these things and truly hand it all over to God. I think I mostly have, but every time another financial blow comes along it's hard on me. We are so thankful for those who have and are supporting us and I believe that God is going to grow our support. I look forward to testifying to this in the coming months!

God bless you all! We love you!




1 comment: