Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Next Chapter

It's been nearly a year since I set out on the journey of full time ministry in Haiti. I give thanks to God for His provisions and hedge of protection. I also thank Him for all He has taught me during my time in Haiti. I praise Him for the wonderful wife He has given me!

I have been in a season of seeking the Lord for what Fabiola and I are to do next. We currently don't have enough financial support to stay in Haiti. The money that is being disbursed for this month isn't even enough to cover all of our expenses. There isn't any known progress on Fabiola's visa. I've done all I can do in that area. It's in God's hands. No better place for it to be.

I believe I am supposed to come back to the States. I just don't know exactly where the Lord wants Fabiola and I to live, work, and serve. I'm currently in Plant City, Florida with my grandparents. I love the area and the church. It's also a climate closer to what Fabiola is used to in Haiti and would provide us an easier and less expensive way to visit Haiti. I'd love to live here if it be in God's will. I'm looking for a job. If I'm provided with a job that will meet our needs this will be our new home.

I return to Haiti on Saturday, March 21st. I do not plan to be there for long before I either fly back to Florida, or fly back to Pennsylvania. I'll mostly be making sure Fabiola has a safe place to stay, and trying to leave the office in as good of shape as possible. Please keep this in prayer because I really should decide what I'm doing by next week so I can order the ticket. Be also in prayer for the future of Christian Light School. The ministry was there long before I came along, but my departure will leave a significant hole.

If Fabiola can stay close to the school she will continue to serve at the school until she can come to the States. I will keep everyone updated on that. Even if I can get a job by April we are facing some near term financial difficulties. I don't have anything of major value anymore. I sold my car and other things of value last summer. I am starting with nothing. I don't think we even have enough money to pay our taxes for 2014 and pay off the credit card I've been using. It's not a fun place to be in, but we will get out of it. I'm at peace with our situation because I counted up the costs before I set out on this journey. I knew it wouldn't be easy. I knew it would require sacrifice that would make me uncomfortable.

I am truly grateful to everyone who has been apart of this chapter with me. Your prayers and financial support helped me get through it all. There is no telling how many lives were and will be touched because of your efforts and generosity.

We are living in the end times. We must be steadfast in our commitment to the Lord and His commandments. There are many people falling prey to false doctrines. Stay in the Word and do not stray from it. I pray that America will wake up. This is not a time to be sleeping. Make sure you have plenty of oil in your lamp!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It wasn't profitable. We are recovering the money from it monthly, but it just isn't enough to make much of a difference.

      Delete