Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Plans for the Next Two Months and a Trip Home!

It's hard to believe that Fabiola and I have been married for over 6 months already! I'm so thankful to have such a great wife! She is way more than I deserve!

The last day of school is quickly approaching. June 10th will be here before we know it! Our first graduation is happening on Sunday, May 24th. The senior boys have finished the English A Beka program. We are proud of them and look forward to seeing what God has in store for them!

After school is over I'm planning on spending more time in prayer and in the study of the word of God. I will still be at the school several times a week, but there shouldn't be a need for me to be on campus every day. I would like to focus more on sharing the gospel with those around me when less is required of me at the school. I also want to start a weekly Bible study with some of my friends. That could start as soon as this week. Fabiola will be helping translate for some teams coming this summer with Ken and Andrea Taylor.

Fabiola and I are moving to an apartment in the beginning of June. Our friends from church have an apartment on their property. They were willing to give it to us for the same rent we currently pay. It will cost more because it will require us to drive to go anywhere, but it is a nice area where we believe we will have more peace. It will also give us an official place to call home. Right now we are living in a place with other people and it's hard to have the privacy we would like. I have enjoyed our time where we are though, and it was convenient being able to walk to the ministry.

I'm excited to announce I will be coming to the States for about a month! I will be arriving in Pennsylvania on the night of Wednesday, July 22nd. I will be in Pennsylvania until Thursday, August 20th. Then I am flying to Florida the night of Thursday, August 20th and visiting there until Monday, August 24th, before returning back to Haiti. I really want get the most out of the time I have while in the States, so please contact me if you would like me to visit your church, or if you would like to just get together. Every moment is precious and I know it will go by so fast!

My hope is that Fabiola will be able to come with me. We have applied for a tourist visa. I have heard that they normally don't give a tourist visa to someone who has already applied for an immigrant visa, but we have to at least try. Fabiola's interview is scheduled for 11:00 am June 24th at the US Embassy. Please cover this in prayer! I would love for her to be able to meet everyone! If she does get approved, the airfare will probably cost a lot more than what I just paid for my tickets, because it will be much closer to the time we will leave. One of our current needs is help with the travel costs, especially if she is allowed to come.

Thank you to all of those who pray for and financially support our efforts in Haiti!

No comments:

Post a Comment